Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Jayne - 6 months

How did this happen? We have a 6 month old!

For some reason, 6 months just seems so...old (but still young, but not newborn...well you know what I mean)
Honestly, to say that I have changed since welcoming Jayne into our family would be an understatement. She's not only changed me, but has changed the whole world around me. I love her more and more everyday and I'm still not quite sure how I'm ever going to let her grow up and go...anywhere...without me. People tried to describe motherhood to me prior to birth but I don't think its something you can put into words. Because there aren't words to describe how much I love, admire, and just adore our Jayne.

Now on to the update...
Jayne's 6 month stats
  • Miss Roly-poly here! She's rolling everywhere and anywhere these days. If we put a toy on the ground, she'll find a way roll her way to it, even if is not in her direct rolling line. Meaning, I have to be careful where I put her down because one second she's laying vertically with her feet toward the TV, and the next she's laying on the other side of the rug with her head toward the TV. She's movin'!
  • Dances up a storm. I shared her dancing movie in her 5 month post and she's still got the groove. Especially when music comes on. She loves music.
  • Loving her toes! They're in her mouth a lot. At least its a toy that's always around :)
  • Eating cereal and rice crackers. She does ok at the beginning of cereal time but eventually we have to try hard to keep her occupied while eating, but last night she loved her cracker!
  • Happy as can be. She's found out how to give us a "half" giggle. I just take that to mean "try harder mom" :) She does a little fake cough too and just grins afterward.
  • Still grabbing everything, and she's quick! We're on guard all the time. When she sees something she wants, she gets excited, puts her arms out and kind of shakes them (like she's flexing all her arm/hand muscles). Its cute!
  • Sitting pretty much on her own these days but topples over when she's reaching for something she wants, or her toes.
  • Loves her bouncer and will grin away while bouncing happily. (see video here)

The other day I was having Koda chase a laser which I was pointing at the floor. When I first started, Jayne gave a tiny chuckle so I turned on the camera hoping she'd keep laughing, and boy did she...

Oh she is just so happy! And we are so happy to have her in our family.


Happy 6 months baby girl!

5 comments:

  1. She's so adorable! Look at those sweet smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so stinkin cute!! And Koda's face in that picture...haha! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love those giggles and how she takes a break, does a little jumpy dance routine, then continues on with the laughter. You have an angel there! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is the cutest i love the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay that video is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

send me some love