Sunday, September 26, 2010

Giggles

You remember this little whipper-snapper?
 Well she puts an outright smile on my face.  Every time I talk to my family, there is a new story about something Jocelyn said.  She always makes me giggle.  Her little mouth explodes a mile a minute and she says the darndest things.

"Truman (our dog) is 14 in man years.  He's just a stuck up teenager"  Who says that?  Where does she come from?  We just don't know.

It was 70 degrees outside and Jocelyn announces, "It feels like winter outside."  Not quite Jocey, but almost! :)


Her prayers always consist of praying that there will be "no earthquakes or tornadoes"


When you leave the house, you'll always leave accompanied by Jocelyn's farewell,
"Bye Kaylee!  Love you!  Don't Die!"
Hmmm...death was not really my top priority but thanks jocey!


One day Braden told Chantel she was a retard.  Chantel went into the other room and started to cry.  Braden couldn't believe it.  Jocelyn had no problem going up to Braden and telling him, "Braden, what you said made Chantel's heart cry."  She's such a sweetie.
Oh yeah, Jocelyn got an award from her principal at school.  She was telling the family about it and that her teacher had chosen her because she always hands in her homework.  She just laughed when she said this.  Mom asked why she was laughing and Jocelyn said, "Mom, I don't hand in my homework all the time!"  Maybe you just had to know her on this one, but I'm giggling just thinking about it.
To my mom who was wearing her jogging sweats, Jocelyn come into her room and says, "OOOO Mom, you look so trendy!" in her clasice sarcastic voice.  Teasing her own mother...oh boy.
When she was getting ready one day she just asked, "Why do we have to grow freckles?"  What a cutie.
And she has now announced to the family that there should be an award for coming down for scripture study in the morning.  "If you come down, you get a crown."  A crown-  Why thanks!
Just out of the blue Jocelyn declared, "Mom, I don't think I'm ever going to have my own love story!"  Good old mom kindly reassured her that she didn't really need to worry about that right now. :) 


She even has a special talent for getting food everywhere when she eats.  Forehead, tummy, elbow...you name it!
Oh boy, where does she get it from?  We simply do not know, but she is a joy and we're grateful for this little dynamite. 
Thanks for the giggles Jocey!

I just HAD to add this photo I recieved from my Mom today.  She came in and said this was her new fashion. (she's wearing Truman's leash/harness)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that I got Jocelyn for my secret santa, I've already started to think about what to get her... maybe a bib? Just kidding. Matt always teases me for for getting food everywhere too. How can I be expected feed a baby when I can't feed myself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn LOVED reading this!!! She definitely keeps us laughing. She said today that she does not want to drive while she is Australia... (we just saw amazing race and people were driving on the opposite side of the road. I told her that is how they drive in Australia) I assured her she would not need to since she was not old enough... She was relieved!

    ReplyDelete

send me some love