Tuesday, February 15, 2011

my...friends?

Happy love day a while back folks!
...yeah I'm behind.  But I was 2 days early in going on a V-day date so cut me some slack.  
Here's a little treat I made for dessert and games with our friends on Sunday night.
Oh aren't I just soooo festive?  Red = v-day festive.  Ha!
Ah, my mouth is watering now.  
These may be one of my guilty pleasures.  
My little indulgence. 
 Small yummy-ness in a little bite. 
(little meaning always room for just one more!)  
"Me want brownie covered oreos!"

...that's my thought process-outloud.  Wow, thanks for sharing Kaylee Jo!

Speaking of little indulgences...
the other day Phil was talking to me and says
"Sometimes people are talking about hospitals and I just get all excited and think ooo! I have the best story for you about hospitals!  When I was there the other day there was a grenade in someone... oh wait.  That was Grey's Anatomy!"

How pathetic.  Even more pathetic?  I'm the same, if not worse.
I find myself thinking, why haven't I heard from Isy in a while?  Why isn't Meredith texting me about her life?
Oh wait...they never did any of those things.  I'm just watching made-up characters on TV.  And now I feel like they're my friends.  Blast!

But we can all relate right? 
(or at least I hope I'm not the only pathetic TV loser out there)  
We crave our shows every week because we have to know what happens next.  Remember when it's not even someone's real life and it's actually all made up?  Oh bother.
But I find slight comfort in knowing I sometimes crave watching basketball games and other sports.
Guys, those are real life.  
Not that they are my life in general-but it's real people with real names that play those games in their real lives.  
Some comfort...right?

So, if I miss your phone call today-it might just be because I'm catching up with my pals...TV style.

3 comments:

  1. firstly, those oreo brownies - YUMMO! I thought after our big detox id stick to one...and then 3 later..mmmmmmmm sooooooo good!! gonna have to make some for myself! or maybe thats a bad idea!
    and i loved your tv pals post.. so true! dan and i often quote how i met your mother memories like we were right there with them - lame i know - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you email me the oreo brownie recipe? It sounds delish and I know Kev will love it.
    And Kev and I have gotten stuck in The Office. They have started to become my friends. Oops!

    ReplyDelete

send me some love