I always took Utah for granted growing up, and now when it's a vacation to visit, I realize how much fun it is!
My family rented out a condo for a couple nights up in Park City while we were there. It was so fun!
The resort was awesome and the family time was great. Who knew Park City was that awesome?
Our first day up there we visited the Utah Olympic Park.
So fun.
We learned a lot about the Olympics when the were in SLC and got to see some cool things in the museum.
They even let Phil and I light the torch...that's already lit. How kind!
We got to watch the aerial ski jumpers practice. They go right down and jump into a bubbly pool.
Skiing in warm weather?...sounds ideal!
You know, what are the chances of two Aussies being in Park City at the same time? Not high you'd think?
Then what are the chances of 20 Aussies being in Park City at the same time?
DONE!
The Australian Aerial Team was training that week in Park City.
So who got to watch them? - yes an Aussie himself!
We were going to talk to them, but I wimped out. Oh well.
Next up, the long jump. No snow? No problem!
We'll just wet the grass with a sprinkler and you can land right on it.
No biggie.
I'd recommend the Olympic Park to anyone and I hope we get to go visit again.
Maybe we'll meet a few of these skiers while we're there!
Our next adventure was the Park City Resort.
A ski resort by winter and a family fun park by summer.
There was so much to do that we spent the whole rest of the day there.
(check out dad trying to get an underarm tan! haha)
There was the Alpine Slide where we all raced to be ther first one down.
GO GO GO!
Here is Justin getting ready to blaze down.
Then our dear friend the Alpine Coaster.
This ride is a little bitter-sweet for us.
You see, mom lost her camera on the first ride down. That put a damper on the day, and then the ride broke down after our first ride. Ugh. Luckily because it was broken down, mom and dad weren't afraid to break the rules and brave the terrain around it to search for their camera.
Sneaky parents!
But after some good hiking and prayers, Dad fount it, at the very top in the bushes! Good thing Dad didn't obey the rules that day!
aaaand the ziprider! There are two tiny specs of people in this photo, promise.
Because the coaster broke down, the lines for the zip line were super long, thus Phil felt the need to rejoice after getting off the ride.
"We made it!"
There was also rock climbing which Jocelyn loved!
And knowing Phil's inner child, he had to give it a whirl.
All and all, it was a fun trip full of nature, missing cameras, swimming, beautiful scenery and family bonding.
Thanks PC!




I LOVE Park City! My family goes every year. You guys stayed at the Westgate at the Canyones huh? Thats the condo my parents own! I love them they are so nice!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Kaylee, that last photo is just adorable!
ReplyDeleteIt brings back memories of my family holiday there, actually funny story. While the tour guy at Olympic Park was explaining something to our group, we looked around to Rachael and she didn't realise, but her sunglasses was missing one of the lenses. It was hilarious, because she was concentrating so hard on what was being said, but looked like a whacko! Love you Rach! Ahh... it's making me laugh thinking about it again now. Probably doesn't sound that funny though.
Great post Kaylee.... what a day. I wish you had included the photo... or maybe I didn't take a photo of Justin and Nick crammed into the coaster ride laughing the whole way down. I am glad dad broke the rules tooo:) Surprising to us all that he would. Thanks for journaling our summer too! Laughed at the ski pictures. I totally missed out on the opportunity to light the flame.. Darn!
ReplyDeleteYour great blogging makes me want to run straight back to Utah for a holiday Kaylee :)
ReplyDeleteJade's memories of Rach and her missing sunglasses lense made me laugh too - you had to see it to believe it because one lense was so dark and the other..well there was none. Must have dropped out during the tour and somehow she didn't realize! xx