Oh look at this guy. He’s 23.
(this is his Jocelyn pose)
We had a grand old time celebrating this old geezer’s special day. It started off with a lovely day at work for the both of us (blah), but then afterwards the real fun started!
We were lucky enough that Phil’s parents and Rachael were in town so we had them over for a little dinner of ribs and mash and birthday love complete with Aussie "hip-hip horays".
Surprises came next with presents from America-thanks Perucca fam-, presents from me and from his parents & Rach.
Here he is with his spread.
(I just fixed the guitar, not a new one)
Phil is one spoiled boy!
His family knows him soooo well. Check out his candy spread. Phil definitely has a sweet tooth.
The next night we gathered the clan together at Outback Steakhouse for the family birthday dinner. YUM! It reminded me of America and Phil’s family loved the bottom-less drinks. It’s rare in Australia.
(sorry Jade, at least we know your hand was present)
Phil loves donuts. He was in heaven when I told him his cake would be donuts. It was so yummy, and easy! :)
Here's a few photos of our night.
It was so much fun to have all of Phil’s family there, all 16 of us! Whew!
Happy Birthday Phil!


Happy birthday! Matt couldn't stop laughing at that first picture of Phil, he loved it! No worries, my hand probably is nicer than my face, hehe. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteYou captured Phil's birthday well, Kaylee and made his day so special for him! What fun we had being with you all. Lucky Phil didn't have the same experience as Carter when he blew out the candles-you would have to call him "hot lips Phil" :)
ReplyDeleteOur hearts are still back there with you. xx
Happy Birthday Phil!
ReplyDeleteOh Kaylee, your blog is so funny. I read it outloud to my family every Sunday.
Take care!
I forgot something in the previous post... I love the Jocelyn Pose. The donut cake is a great idea... I think I will do it for Justin. Loved the Hip Hip Hooray. Wish we could have been there.
ReplyDelete