Tuesday, October 26, 2010

That One Time

Remember that one time Halloween wasn't celebrated in Australia?
Remember that one time I was sad that I'd miss seeing cute little munchkins dressed up as ghosts and princesses at my door?

...well...

forget those times baby cuz they're long gone!  
Just take a gander at what we did this past weekend.
Trunk-or-Treat!
Now let me just tell you something; these Aussies, they didn't just semi trunk-or-treat it, more like they 
semi TRUCK-ed 
their trunk-or-treat.  
It was massive!  It was epic.  I loved every single last bit of it.  I've never seen anything like this back home.

Yes they are capital LEGIT.  I guess warm weather on Halloween provides for elaborate trunk decorating.  Who knew?

The kids were the best part.  Pretty sure that a lot of them had never even been trick-or-treating.  They'd come up and timidly hold out their bag.  Caylee, Phil and I taught them well and made them say 'trick-or-treat'. 
Phil & I were a bit timid to dress up not knowing if it was an adult event as well, but once we got to 
Caylee & Dan's
or should I say 
Lady Gaga & Jack Sparrow's
our fears were wiped way.  These guys were great!
Phil whipped out his school lab coat and I rummaged to find an old 7th grade cheerleading outfit of mine.
Mad scientist + cheerleader = 
Thanks Caylee and Dan for letting us tag along to your ward activity with you.  We were good just like we promised!
Geez we had so much fun.  
I was grinning ear to ear the whole time. 

5 comments:

  1. oh.my.gosh. those Aussies are quite creative. Those cars were AmAzInG!!!! OH and I love your old cheer uniform :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to have a Halloween! That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a good activity! Each year Australia gets into Halloween more, so bit by bit we'll be like you guys one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! I cannot believe you can fit into your 7th grade cheer uniform.

    ReplyDelete

send me some love