We went.
We watched.
We lived.
Sydney Speedway
"Greatest show on DIRT"...oh bless our hearts.
Dad B. was in town and he couldn't pass up his favorite outing. Phil has always gone with pops so I decided to tag along.
Such a treat I reckon! Now, I am def not a huge fan of speedway but spending time with family and the hubs is a plus.
Check out what our night consisted of...
Still there? Whew-you made it. It's a rip-roarin race lasting a smashing 3 hours. Check it!
We're definitely with a different breed out there at the speedway...like-unto a rodeo back him in the US: all these people that you did not even know lived around you come out from hiding and they are surely not afraid to show their true colors. Mullets, beardies, the whole shibang. Bonus for Australia!...we get a whole bogan accent to go along with it.
Yes, just listen folks.
Catch all that?
Yes, that's how people talk where I live.
I am in a foreign country.
Yes, that's how people talk where I live.
I am in a foreign country.
Thanks speedway for culturing us.
Oh and thanks for confusing us too. This befuddled me. These signs were within 20 yards of each other facing these exact ways, with no exit in between. I just hope there isn't an emergency anytime soon!
And who will ever forget our trash can guy?
Cheap way to re-chalk the course?-no problem.
A four wheeler & rubbish bin will do the trick.
Don’t even fret. There was a nice demolition derby to finish off our night. Oh boy, I never thought I'd say {demolition derby} and {our night} in the same sentence.
Crickey!
Now for a final smash to leave you with.
Note to self: 20 sprint cars on the track = crash and rolling cars.
Even touched a sprint car, yes yes we did.
That is us-right there. Don't get jealous now.
xoxo

Now you're a true Bennallack... at least dad will think so.
ReplyDeletehey, i think demo derbys are fun! i went to one in logan, and was always bummed i didnt get to repeat that action.
ReplyDeleteWhat a devoted Bennallack you are Kaylee! Dad loved your blog and watched and rewatched the sprint car race with a smile on his face. Guess where Dad and I went on Saturday..yup the speedway!! Next morning I woke up and my lovely white pillow had brown smudges on it...speedway dirt!! Give me a night at "Wicked" any day !! xx
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome. Those are some interesting looking race cars.
ReplyDelete