Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Zealand...day by day

New Zealand.
This blessed place has a soft spot in my heart. 
 I love it.
It's quaint while there is still plenty of city lovin.
The livin' is easy.
And it's BEAUTIFUL.
I've never seen such a beautiful place. Ever.
I know photos won't capture it but I tried mmk?

We arrived at 12:00am Thursday morning.  
It was so good to see Mum & Dad again.  We've missed having parents!
After a sleep we woke up to our 'real' Thursday morning.
We took a little jaunt around Takapuna to see Mum, Dad & Rach's stomping grounds.
Can I just say that I love Takapuna?
Small cafes, local shops, beach views, island views...mmmm.

This beach was a 5 minute walk from Mum & Dad's.
It looks straight out to Rangatota Island.  It was beautiful.

Then it was off to a yummy Teppanyaki restaurant for lunch. 
Dad met us all there to enjoy lunch together.



We'd planned to go to the hot springs that night, but with the holiday weekend coming, all roads (the one) leaving Takapuna were packed, so we made a quick change and decided to do some Auckland city exploring.

On the way we stopped by a beautiful park...that was next to the speedway.  
(We know that's why Dad really wanted to stop there. ;) )

The park was beautiful!
(maybe I'll just say beautiful ten million times in this post)
It was picturesque everywhere you looked.


It even had this odd contraption...
This beast rotated and went in and out like a see-saw.
We couldn't quite figure out how to 'properly' use it, but we had enough fun!
Mum & I even joined Phil & Rach on it later on.
Oh my, that was an adventure!


Beautiful.
(make that ten million and one!)

And what better way to end the night than with Wendys!?
Yesir, my American taste buds were jumping for joy!

You can't get this in Australia!
I actually think that New Zealand is more like America than Australia is.
Who would've thought?

mmmmm. Now I'm hungry.
More to come.
Love New Zealand and miss it already.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing your pics. Beautiful for suuuurrre :) Some day maybe we will have to see the place. Probably after a trip to Panama :) How come on your blog you have ealand not Zealand? Is it the Australian way of spelling New Zealand? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird I just saw my post and it didn't print the zee. It probably won't here either. It is a mystery to be solved. Title prints it but not the other post. Maybe it has to do with the font.

    ReplyDelete

send me some love