Good Friday was next up in our holiday to New Zealand.
In Phil's family, the Easter Bunny comes on Good Friday.
Australian & New Zealand chocolate on a Friday = mmm GOOD Friday indeed!
Phil loved his "Cow Poo & Flies" that Jade got him.
Here's the whole fam-dam.
Look at all our chocolate. Cadbury chocolate.
Australia/NZ does Easter -right-.
Then it was off to the natural hot springs for a nice relaxing day.
I never thought that New Zealand would have so many hot springs, but it is a dormant volcano so go figure!
They had massive slides with no lifeguard at the top so you could just go whenever you wanted.
And then plop down on top of each other at then end.
We loved those slides.
I love no rules.
I love New Zealand.
Ha... I had to put this one up of Dad.
After trying to dunk mum over and over, he took the plunge himself.
And again...under water.
Hot water.
Sorry Rach, you didn't make the cut. :)
Phil and I like to fight.
I am stealthy.
I always win.
Always.
After coming home for a quick rinse to get rid of our lovely 'sulphuric odor' it was right back out again to
SPOOKERS!
Haunted Houses just don't happen in Australia so when Rach found this one in NZ she was keen to go.
And who better to go with than a seasoned Haunted House go-er?
"Seasoned": meaning they exist where I grew up and I went during Halloween...sometimes.
It even had a corn maze. (this is exciting and uncommon down under alright!)
Ha.
We were a little bummed to find out the corn maze portion was closed but after being frightened just waiting in line we figured maybe it was a good thing!
I led the bunch through our terror.
I told them I would lead, but that I'd scream and I did not disappoint!
ps. Mr Gorilla man, you are scary!
Honestly, best Haunted House ever.
Again the no rules in NZ made for the best. It reminded me of the old days.
They wouldn't get sued for touching you, making you crouchl in a tunnel by spooky psycho man or leading you into pitch black corridors.
I'm not kidding. PITCH BLACK. While they grabbed our ankles.
Yikes!
.......................................................................
But we made it. And loved it. And were all happy that we braved our way through it.
Such an Good Friday.
Ah New Zealand...
xoxo








How good is it!? New Zealand!
ReplyDeleteI love swimming in such warm water when it's cold out. Mmmm... Chocolate, you've just convinced me into revisiting my Easter stash.