The big kids were lucky enough to have a fun day out and headed to Rotorua. Rotorua has so many fun things to do and it is so scenic. Our first stop was Zorbing.
I was so proud of Phil! He is super claustrophobic and has been back and forth on this zorbing thing for a while. He told me he had a little freak out at the top of the hill but after that it was all fun. Its just like being in a giant washing machine, with each other, laughing the whole way. Haha. Love it!
This is the 'criss-cross' course that Andrew & Alex and Jade & Matt did. You have to walk yourself down the weavy path on this one.
And Jade demonstrating the classic "jump!" they have you do after you get out of the ball.
Next it was off to the skyswing and luge. We'd done the luge before but the skyswing was a new experience. It was a rush! It was so beautiful and exhilarating all at the same time!
We stopped at a Jellybean store up on the top of the mountain before heading to the luge. They had some cool displays. This one is a luge sled.
And then the luge. I love this thing! You go as fast or slow as you want. True New Zealand style. Plus this time it was so much warmer (and drier) than it was the last time we were there. Makes for a much more enjoyable ride down.
(Alex, Phil, me, Andrew)
Not sure whether I'm depressed or concentrating...haha
And this was Phil's face the whole time. Someone loves the luge!
Off we go!
We had baby Leo with us so we swapped out babysitters so we could ride with Matt and Jade
And then it was our babysitting turn.
After a tiring but fun day we headed back down the mountain on the gondola.
So glad that the siblings decided to head to Rotorua. I have videos of all this stuff but my computer doesn't like me today so I guess we'll just do a big video of our NZ trip when I finish up the posts. Until next time...
oh my gosh! that sounds like SOOOOOOO much fun. They don't have anything like that here in the US do they? I'd go to NZ just for that! LOL
ReplyDeleteLooks like sooooo much fun! Glad you could do all those things with the family down under!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! I think Rotorua was one area Shad served in on his mission. Is it true there is a strong sulfur smell?
ReplyDelete