Thursday, November 18, 2010

Questacon

Questacon = FUN
'nuff said.
It was interactive, interesting and informative.
Triple 'I' yesiree!

We bike raced...

we flew...



and we learned a trick or two!

Really...this place was so fun.  Phil's fave is the level with all the 'sideshow' stuff.  He was so giddy when we finally made it to that floor.
He's just like a kid, but better! :)
Phil and I apparently have skills on this next lil' gadget...but then they sped it up...


Talented hey?

Now onto my execution.
I guess this was supposed to teach me something about fear...


...and by-jiggers it certainly did!  Fewph- I lived!
~the guillotine is not my friend.  Note taken.~
Anyone care for a slide?  A giant one perhaps?  Just come to Questacon!
We're all smiles (ha minus Dan) and ready for the adrenaline rush.
giant
See, told you!




Just let go and slide!  It looks smaller in the photo but in real life it was really hard to tell my head to let my hands let go of the bar...more fear learning.  Gotta love it.

We finished off our Questacon adventure at a little show about airplanes.  Georgia and I got to go on stage.  I was surprised she was brave enough to go up...I think the big balloons sealed the deal for her.
We loved Questacon...here are some last photos from our adventure.

~This fancy little shinanigan...there was a green screen and a huge flash went off while we were in front of the screen and then kept our shadows there once we moved away.  Yup-definitely played on this one for a while. :)~





~Caylee in the kaleidescope~


~this is Caylee's "waiting for Dan look" that we see all too often.  Love it~







By the end of the day, Caylee & I decided that our real kids were these two fine boys here...
...they were totally enthralled by this marble machine and by the whole museum as well.
Cute little Phile and Dan -our kids at heart.
I'll keep my kid around I think.  
Definitely a keeper.
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. That's definately the best part of Canberra! I think they've got some new things there I haven't seen before, I only went like a year ago too. I love the video of you freaking out when getting beheaded, so did Pacey.
    Matt was freaking out, because it was the day before we told everyone we were having a baby and we went on the fake roller coaster. It said not to go on if you're pregnant, but I knew it was really tame. Plus, we only got to read that once we were at the front of the line with everyone - didn't want to give away the surprise early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fun! I don't think I'd be able to do the slide. Way too scary for me!
    Kev 's a little boy at heart too. I think all tough guys are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! That looks like so much fun! I am glad you are enjoying yourself out there. I am SO jealous. I keep telling Westy we need to move somewhere really cool. I want to move somewhere in Central America or Bali or Java or something cool. That slide was sweet. !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely something we could do and I think every one would love it. Fun times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a fun place to visit isn't it. You are brave going on the big slide - it scares the life out of me and I always bang my head every time I go down it.
    I love the last pic of you and Phil - you both look so happy.

    oxxo

    ReplyDelete

send me some love