Tuesday, May 21, 2013

True Tues - Bump Update

Hey ya'll! Guess who is 24.5 weeks along!? Phil reminded me just the other day about a friend that was 24 weeks along back in March...and now she has a baby! March does not feel that long ago at all! Bump will be here before we know it!

Big update this time is that Phil has felt the baby move! I've she's decided that my bedtime is her dance time so about a week and a half ago I thought I'd see if Phil could feel Bump in action. I just stayed quiet waiting for him to tell me he'd felt something (so I didn't influence his thinking). She did a big move and Phil just grinned and said "Was that the baby?" Yesir! We have a winner!

Not much else has changed other than my stomach sticking out a little more. Phil loves to tell me that I have a baby bump. I just smile and tell him I'm very aware of this growing thing in my belly! Haha! Heartburn is sparse but does come and go. Sleeping is getting more uncomfortable but Phil saved my life with my mother's day gift. He got me a LeachCo Snoogle pillow. I know, Snoogle?...really? but this pillow is amazing. Check out what Mr. Snoogles does...
 This guy adds support everywhere my body feels like it needs it. Plus when I sleep with it in front of me, I kind of feel like I'm sleeping on my stomach-and as a stomach sleeper, that's awesome! :) Bump seems happy about it as I'm getting more rest than I was before. 

This first pregnancy is a big learning process. I'm learning to bend at the knees, learning how to eat with less stomach space but a bigger appetite, learning how to deal with the heat (it's only May!) and learning that even though I feel the same, my body gets tired a lot quicker than it used to! We gardened/did outdoor housework all Saturday a couple weeks ago and I definitely over-did it. Lesson learned!
We've pretty much decided a name for little missy but it'll stay safe in my journal until Bump arrives :) We're slowly making progress on the nursery. I know its far in advance but I cant wait to get it all put together. I'm a planner! I don't have a pic this week but here's the progression so far...

Seeing this makes it real that I have a baby in my body. So happy that Bump is a happy & healthy baby. Couldn't ask for more!

2 comments:

  1. so exciting guys, youre looking gorgeous "the glow", i see it, you just look so super happy. What Iv learnt after 3 is that its ok not to be a super woman, especially from now on, Let phil do your portion because before you know it youre gonna be doing 2 peoples work nd you literally need to store your energy! xxx

    ReplyDelete

send me some love